Lotion Bars Recipe with Mango Butter
Lotion Bars are simple to make and assist create small moments of magnificence and luxurious in your day-to-day life. They’re setting pleasant and really handy to make use of at dwelling or on the go. Merely retailer them on or in a bit of dish and use them in your physique or face when wanted.
These are additionally nice as items for your loved ones members, mates and coworkers. You possibly can customise them with completely different formed molds, colours and together with your favourite important oils to make them precisely how you prefer to.
For these lotion bars I used Mango Butter as the bottom ingredient.
Mango Butter is considered one of my go-to butters for thus many issues, which is why I really like carrying it in my store. It’s a really smooth and nourishing butter which is lighter in texture than Shea butter, however nonetheless has a really related nutrient profile on your pores and skin. It’s additionally utterly unscented, so any important oil you select to make use of with it should come by means of properly. The 8 oz bricks are smooth and straightforward to chop for any venture, and soften shortly in a double boiler.
Different substances I used on this recipe embody:
Natural Yellow Beeswax Pastilles – Beeswax pastilles are good to make use of for recipes as they are often measured simply and soften shortly. I included beeswax on this recipe to assist maintain the lotion bar in its kind in heat climate and so as to add the advantages of this ingredient. Beeswax naturally gives Vitamin A and antioxidants to your pores and skin whereas additionally forming a protecting barrier that helps shield your pores and skin from pollution within the setting. If you need your lotion bars to be vegan you’ll be able to substitute this ingredient with a vegan wax akin to Carnauba Wax. In the event you use this wax merely use 50% of the beeswax quantity since Carnauba is a more durable wax.
Natural Apricot Oil – a stunning, light-weight oil that’s nearly universally non-reactive. It’s particularly nice for delicate and mature pores and skin. It is rather excessive in super-antioxidants Nutritional vitamins C and E. This oil absorbs shortly and makes your pores and skin radiant and has a lightweight pure nutty scent.
Bergamot Important Oil – this oil comes from the bergamot orange, a bitter citrus selection that’s prized for its aromatic fruit. In the event you’ve ever had Earl Gray tea, you will have seen how consuming it makes you are feeling uplifted and calm. These are simply a number of the fantastic properties of bergamot oil. It’s considered one of my go to important oils as a result of it’s a bit of earthy, a bit of citrusy, and a bit of floral all on the similar time.
Lotion Bars Recipe
- 8 oz mango butter
- 1 oz beeswax pastilles
- 1 oz apricot oil
- 6 g bergamot important oil
- 1 tsp pink mica (elective)
- Chop your mango butter into items and place in a glass measuring cup
- Add the apricot oil and beeswax pastilles
- Place in a double boiler over low warmth for about 15-20 minutes till every little thing has utterly melted.
- Take away from the warmth and let your combination cool for a couple of minutes
- Examine the temperature and ensure it’s beneath 150 F, then add your important oil and pink mica
- Pour combination into your molds
- Refrigerate for about two hours
- When stable, take away them from the fridge and pop them out of the molds
- They’re prepared to make use of. Apply to the pores and skin after a bathe or tub or all through the day as desired
- Retailer them on a dish or in a sealed container
Hope you loved this recipe! Please be happy to remark beneath with any suggestions or questions you may need.