Low Carb Bento Field Lunches for College and Work
- What’s a Bento Field?
- Low Carb and Keto Bento Field Lunch Recipes
- 6 Suggestions for Constructing a Higher Bento Field
Take your “brown bag” lunch to the subsequent stage with low carb bento field lunches.
You can also make lunch enjoyable and interesting once more with a bento field, Japan’s reply to your primary brown bag lunch.
What’s a Bento Field?
A bento field is a container with a safe, re-closable lid that options dividers so you may put meals in several sections. It’s a handy approach to transport yummy bite-sized meals for balanced meals on the go.
Fairly often a bento field might include equipment like forks, spoons, chopsticks, mini skewers or toothpicks and silicone meals cups or baking cups. You’ll be able to order bento bins on-line, and there are many choices and configurations to select from.
A conventional Japanese bento field might comprise rice or noodles with fish and meat, however we’ve provide you with some low carb bento field lunch concepts that can elevate your “brown bag” expertise.
Low Carb and Keto Bento Field Lunch Recipes
These low carb bento field lunch recipes give attention to textures, colours and flavors, with an emphasis on scrumptious and satisfying lunches and snacks that promote steady power ranges.
Keto Sushi Stack
Deal with your self to a sushi lunch in your bento field, that includes heart-healthy canned salmon, creamy avocado, cauliflower rice and a drizzle of sesame oil and dusting of sesame seeds.
Low Carb Thai Turkey Rice
You’ll be able to flip virtually any recipe meant as a bowl right into a bento field lunch. You’ll discover out why once you dig into this Thai-inspired turkey rice recipe.
Low Carb Veggie Rainbow
This plant-based bento lunch encompasses a plethora of veggies: cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower rice, bell peppers, avocado and contemporary herbs. It will get its crunch from roasted pumpkin seeds. If you happen to’d like, you may add your selection of protein, comparable to tofu, hard-boiled eggs, fish, hen or meat.
Keto Turkey Tacos
This kid-friendly lunch is appropriate for the entire household. Be happy to incorporate baked tortilla chips on the aspect for the kiddos, in addition to bitter cream and salsa on the aspect.
Keto Hen Caprese Salad
Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, contemporary basil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar give this lunch an Italian twist, whereas asparagus, spinach and roasted hen make it a hearty meal.
6 Suggestions for Constructing a Higher Bento Field
Presentation is essential when placing your bento field lunch collectively. If the meals is fantastically organized, you’re extra prone to take pleasure in consuming it. Veggies might even develop into interesting in your youngsters.
A bento field lunch doesn’t require costly, fancy meals. Tuna salad, hen salad, ham salad or wraps are finances pleasant. You can also make a batch of meatballs, and that turns into protein-packed finger meals for lunch. Comply with the following pointers for constructing an interesting and engaging bento field:
- Begin with protein: Rotisserie hen or leftover cooked hen, grilled meat, canned tuna and salmon, prosciutto, salami or deli ham and turkey, tofu or hard-boiled eggs all match the invoice.
- Add cooked and cooled veggies: Steamed broccoli or cauliflower florets, blanched inexperienced beans or cauliflower rice add fiber and taste.
- Uncooked veggies are a go-to: You’ll be able to whip up a salad with contemporary greens (maintain the dressing separate so your leaves don’t get soggy). Zucchini noodles make an awesome chilly pasta. Celery and carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, cut-up bell pepper, sliced cucumbers, snap peas and edamame are additionally simple to pop in your mouth.
- Don’t overlook fruit: Peaches, apples, berries and grapes all add a burst of colour. Attempt these contemporary fruit kebabs for a enjoyable, but low carb, candy deal with. No utensils required!
- Sneak in some savory snacks: Nuts, seeds, keto crackers and low carb tortillas make for nice snacks and add a bit crunch. Olives and cubes of cheese are additionally good finger meals.
- Do some dips: Excellent with crackers, chopped veggies or slathered on a low-carb tortilla. Hummus, tzatziki sauce or nut butter are nice, as is guacamole. You’ll be able to’t go improper with a simple salad dressing like ranch or French dressing for dipping.